Reporting to the Foreman, the Grader Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the self-propelled motor grader. The Grader Operator performs either rough or fine grade finishing, precisely spreading and mixing materials in order to dry and prep roads, construct road surfaces, to precise grade specifications, lay cold mix and/or shave and rip out old road surfaces.
• Operate heavy equipment (motor grader) in a safe and appropriate manner and maintain proper awareness of one’s surroundings while operating Grader on public roadways.
• Clean and lubricate equipment and refill equipment tanks,
• Operate computer-controlled equipment,
• Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment,
• Secure special attachments to equipment
• Perform routine cleaning, daily maintenance and safety checks on equipment.
• Precisely operate grader blade to windrow gravel to the center of the road.
• Operate grader controls to regulate the height and angle of the grader blade and lower to loosen packed soil to permit grading.
• Drive grader in a successive pass over working area, observing reference stakes or hand signals of other workers, to level the surface to the specified grade.
• Feel levers and listen to equipment sounds to determine the depth of the cut; finish grade base surface preparation within half an inch.
• Ensure grader is in proper gear and is not moving too fast for working conditions.
• Knowledge of issues involving ground disturbance.
2 years of related experience
Employment terms and conditions: Seasonal, Full-Time, 40 to 70 hours/week, Morning, Day, Weekend, Overtime
Benefits: Dental and health care plan, Life and ADD Insurance
Anticipated start date: Spring 2023 (Actual start date is weather-dependent)
Education: Not required
Experience: 2 years of related experience
Industry experience: Road construction
Area of work experience: Rough and fine grading, and finishing
Work Site Environment: Work is performed in an outdoor setting, which could include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt
Work conditions and physical capabilities: Physically demanding, Attention to detail, Fast-paced environment, Overtime required, Must be physically capable to lift and carry a minimum of 40 lbs. repetitively on a regular basis.
Own tools/equipment: Steel-toed safety boots
Security and safety: Driving record check (abstract), Must comply with the company’s drug and alcohol testing requirements
Pour soumettre une candidature, veuillez contacter Accès Emploi par téléphone au 780-490-6975.