Reporting to the Foreman the Pipelayer will be responsible for preparing and installing underground pipelines as required.
- Mix, pour and spread materials (ensure pipe is properly bedded in granular or native material before backfilling occurs).
- Assist in aligning pipes during pipeline construction
- Clean and pile salvaged materials
- Assists other workers with general labour activities during trenching and laying of pipe.
- Work independently completing straight forward tasks as pertaining to the process of laying pipe on the line and grade.
- Ensure pipe is properly bedded in granular or native material before backfilling occurs.
- Ensure all work is conducted in a safe and responsible manner.
- Be aware of changes to materials and techniques. Adapt easily to those changes.
- Work with a variety of hand/ power tools used in underground utility, and a variety of new and salvage materials.
- Be aware of proper slinging of pipe, manhole barrels, etc. and ensure safe work procedures are followed during lowering of materials into the excavation.
1 year of related experience
- Industrial/commercial/institutional (ICI) construction, Pipelines, Underground and tunnel work
Work Site Environment
- Outdoors, Underground
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment, Handling heavy loads, Physically demanding, Overtime required, Attention to detail
- Steel-toed safety boots
Security and safety
- Driving record check (abstract), Must comply with the company’s drug and alcohol testing requirements
Pour soumettre une candidature, veuillez contacter Accès Emploi par téléphone au 780-490-6975.