Reporting to the Foreman the Pipelayer will be responsible for preparing and installing underground pipelines as required.
- Mix, pour and spread materials (ensure pipe is properly bedded in granular or native material before backfilling occurs).
- Assist heavy equipment operators and ensure all work is conducted in a safe and responsible manner.
- Assist in aligning pipes during pipeline construction
- Clean and pile salvaged materials
- Assists other workers with general labour activities during trenching and laying of pipe.
- Work independently completing straightforward tasks pertaining to the process of laying pipe on line and grade.
- Be aware of changes to materials and techniques. Adapt easily to those changes.
- Work with a variety of hand/ power tools used in underground utility, and a variety of new and salvage materials.
- Be aware of proper slinging of pipe, manhole barrels, etc. and ensure safe work procedures are followed during the lowering of materials into the excavation.
2 years of related experience
- Work conditions and physical capabilities:
- Fast-paced environment, Handling heavy loads, Physically demanding
- Overtime required
- Attention to detail
- Own tools/equipment: Steel-toed safety boots
- Security and safety: Driving record check (abstract)
- Must comply with the company’s drug and alcohol testing requirements
Pour soumettre une candidature, veuillez contacter Accès Emploi par téléphone au 780-490-6975.