• Operate a tractor backhoe to utilize both the front bucket and back boom to a variety of functions, including but not limited to: piling of aggregates, bringing small material to work area, excavation of utilities or new install and tamping around installation features.
• Operate Backhoe in a safe and appropriate manner and maintain proper awareness of one’s surroundings while operating the Backhoe on private/public roadways.
• Clean and lubricate equipment and refill equipment tanks,
• Operate computer-controlled equipment
• Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment.
• Understand and follow directions from supervisory personnel as required in the work area.
• Operate with ground personnel in work area and under their direction.
• Conduct trench work which meets OH&S requirements.
• Ensure a sound understanding of the issues involving ground disturbance
• Responsible for proper rigging for the movement of material.
1 year of related experience
Employment terms and conditions: Seasonal, Full-Time, 40 to 70 hours/week, Morning, Day, Weekend, Overtime
Benefits: Dental and health care plan, Life and ADD Insurance
Anticipated start date: Spring 2023 (Actual start date is weather-dependent)
Education: Not required
Experience: 1 year of related experience
Industry experience: Industrial/commercial/institutional (ICI) construction, Road construction
Area of work experience: Backfilling, Ditching, Excavation, Land clearing, Sub-grade excavating, Trenching
Work Site Environment: Work is performed in an outdoor setting, which could include inclement weather, heat, humidity, and dust
Work conditions and physical capabilities: Physically demanding, Attention to detail, Fast-paced environment, Overtime required, Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at minimum 25lbs regularly.
Own tools/equipment: Steel-toed safety boots
Security and safety: Driving record check (abstract), Must comply with the company’s drug and alcohol testing requirements
Pour soumettre une candidature, veuillez contacter Accès Emploi par téléphone au 780-490-6975.