Reporting to the Foreman, the Excavator Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the construction excavator/hoe to ensure the work completed is delivered according to contract specifications.
• Operate heavy equipment (excavator/hoe) in a safe and appropriate manner and maintain proper awareness of one’s surroundings while operating the excavator on public roadways.
• Clean and lubricate equipment and refill equipment tanks,
• Operate computer-controlled equipment
• Work with ground personnel in the excavation and installation process of laying pipe online and grading.
• Ensure the trench is excavated to the proper depth/grade.
• Responsible for placement of water, storm, and sanitary sewer pipe in the excavation.
• Follow directions of the ground crew regarding craning, gravel placement, and grading.
• Cut grade with minimal time spent on excavating to ensure production is on schedule.
• Conduct trench work, which meets OH&S requirements.
• Operate Excavator on public roadways, maintaining proper awareness of one’s surroundings.
• Ensure a sound understanding of the issues involving ground disturbance.
• Perform routine cleaning and maintenance to ensure smooth operation of the Excavator/Hoe.
• Be aware of proper rigging of pipe, manhole barrels, etc. and ensure safe work procedures are followed during the lowering of materials into the excavation
2 years of related experience
Employment terms and conditions: Seasonal, Full-Time, 40 to 70 hours/week, Morning, Day, Weekend, Overtime
Benefits: Dental and health care plan, Life and ADD Insurance
Anticipated start date: Spring 2023 (Actual start date is weather-dependent)
Education: Not required
Experience: 2 years of related experience
Industry experience: Industrial/commercial/institutional (ICI) construction, Road construction
Area of work experience: Backfilling, Ditching, Excavation, Land clearing, Sub-grade excavating, Trenching
Work Site Environment: Work is performed in an outdoor setting, which could include inclement weather, heat, and humidity
Work conditions and physical capabilities: Physically demanding, Attention to detail, Fast-paced environment, Overtime required, Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 20 LBS on a regular basis.
Own tools/equipment: Steel-toed safety boots
Security and safety: Driving record check (abstract), Must comply with the company’s drug and alcohol testing requirements
To submit your resume, please contact Accès Emploi at 780-490-6975.