• Operate heavy equipment (motor grader) in a safe and appropriate manner and maintain proper awareness of one’s surroundings while operating Grader on public roadways.
• Clean and lubricate equipment and refill equipment tanks,
• Operate computer-controlled equipment,
• Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment,
• Secure special attachments to equipment
• Perform routine cleaning, daily maintenance and safety checks on equipment.
• Precisely operate grader blade to windrow gravel to the center of the road.
• Operate grader controls to regulate the height and angle of the grader blade and lower to loosen packed soil to permit grading.
• Drive grader in a successive pass over working area, observing reference stakes or hand signals of other workers, to level the surface to the specified grade.
• Feel levers and listen to equipment sounds to determine the depth of the cut; finish grade base surface preparation within half an inch.
• Ensure grader is in proper gear and is not moving too fast for working conditions.
• Knowledge of issues involving ground disturbance.
1 year of related experience
Employment terms and conditions: Seasonal, Full-Time, 40 to 70 hours/week, Morning, Day, Weekend, Overtime
Benefits: Dental and health care plan, Life and ADD Insurance
Anticipated start date: Spring 2023 (Actual start date is weather-dependent)
Education: Not required
Experience: 1 year of related experience
Industry experience: Road construction
Area of work experience: Rough and fine grading, and finishing
Work Site Environment: Work is performed in an outdoor setting, which could include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt
Work conditions and physical capabilities: Physically demanding, Attention to detail, Fast-paced environment, Overtime required, Must be physically capable to lift and carry a minimum of 40 lbs. repetitively on a regular basis.
Own tools/equipment: Steel-toed safety boots
Security and safety: Driving record check (abstract), Must comply with the company’s drug and alcohol testing requirements
To submit your resume, please contact Accès Emploi at 780-490-6975.