• Mix, pour and spread materials (ensure pipe is properly bedded in granular or native material before backfilling occurs).
• Assist in aligning pipes during pipeline construction
• Clean and pile salvaged materials
• Assists other workers with general labour activities during trenching and laying of pipe.
• Work independently completing straight forward tasks as pertaining to the process of laying pipe on the
• line and grade.
• Ensure pipe is properly bedded in granular or native material before backfilling occurs.
• Ensure all work is conducted in a safe and responsible manner.
• Be aware of changes to materials and techniques. Adapt easily to those changes.
• Work with a variety of hand/ power tools used in underground utility, variety of heavy construction equipment and a variety of new and salvage materials.
• Be aware of proper slinging of pipe, manhole barrels, etc. and ensure safe work procedures are followed during lowering of materials into the excavation.
1 to 2 years of related experience
Employer: Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd.
Job Locations: Position requires travel to various locations in the Calgary region (AB). Travel expenses paid by employer
Wage: $29.00 to $35.00 / hour (based on skill level; salary increases as per Company policy).
Employment terms and conditions: Seasonal, Full-Time, 40 to 70 hours/week, Morning, Day, Weekend, Overtime
Benefits: Dental and health care plan, Life and ADD Insurance
Anticipated start date: Spring 2023 (Actual start date is weather-dependent)
Education: Not required
Experience: 1 to 2 years of related experience
Industry experience: Industrial/commercial/institutional (ICI) construction, Pipelines, Underground and tunnel work
Work Site Environment: Outdoors, Underground
Work conditions and physical capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Handling heavy loads, Physically demanding, Overtime required, Attention to detail
Own tools/equipment: Steel-toed safety boots
Security and safety: Driving record check (abstract), Must comply with the company’s drug and alcohol testing requirements
To submit your resume, please contact Accès Emploi at 780-490-6975.