Pave a pathway to a career of your choice!
The JET (Youth-Education-Work) offers a personalized job search assistance to French-speaking youth aged 15 to 30 in order to help them acquire the knowledge and employability skills needed to enter the Alberta labour market.
During their participation in the JET program, French-speaking youth receive financial support throughout their job search to help them eliminate all barriers to employment. In addition, a wage subsidy is offered to employers to increase their chances of getting hired.
French-speaking youth living in Edmonton, Calgary, Bonnyville and Fort McMurray can benefit from all employment services offered by the JET program.
Do you want to become a JET-setter? Apply today!
Fill the pre-application form here
This project is funded by the Government of Canada’s Youth Employment and Skills Strategy
JET program admission entitles you to the following additional services:
- Financial support throughout your job search process
- Paid employability skills training
- Funding available for a variety of accredited courses
- Funding available for exposure courses (first aid, security license, forklift operator, etc.)
- Free English courses and tutoring sessions
- School starter kit
- Reimbursement of job search-related expenses (criminal record check, work clothes and personal protective equipment)
- Free bus tickets or reimbursement of transportation costs
- Wage subsidy for employers
The following free services are also offered at our offices:
- Weekly one-on-one meetings with a Career Counselor
- Career orientation and planning
- Resume and cover letter development
- Employment readiness workshops
- Access to exclusive job offers for JET-setters
The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- 15 to 30 years old;
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident or accepted refugee.
Steps for the program participant recruitment process is the following
- Sign up by filling the pre-application form here
- If you meet the eligibility criteria, a team member will contact you for an interview to see if you are a good fit for the program.
- If you are admitted to the program, you will follow a 2 to 4 weeks’ employability skills training. The training will take place Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 3:00pm.
- After the employability skills training, we will determine your career objective and action plan.
- With the support of the career counselor, the JET program will help you until you are able to achieve your career goals.
For more information, please contact :
Prisca Pange Ibinimion
Employer Engagement Officer